Exhibition prompt decoder
Our TOK exhibition prompt decoder helps you to understand each of the 35 IA prompts, link them to the core and optional themes, the key concepts and the Big Questions, and explore them via quotes, questions, TED talks, and media sources.
Using the exhibition prompt decoder
Features of the exhibition prompt decoder include the following:
- A brief summary of what you should be doing with each internal assessment prompt.
- A link to the relevant Big Question for each prompt.
- A suggestion of the most closely related key concepts for each prompt.
- Links to our exploration points, for the core theme, the optional themes, and the areas of knowledge, enabling students to explore all these aspects of TOK in more depth, and fully understand their prompt.
- Relevant knowledge heroes, whose ideas will help students to understand the prompts, and add authority to the arguments they include in their exhibition commentary.
Accessing the decoder
The Exhibition prompt decoder is accessible to our Full Access members of the site. If you need any help in becoming a member, let us know, and we’ll provide swift support.
Set up an exhibition workshop
Our in-school & online workshops are engaging, inspiring, and jargon-free, and leave TOK and non-TOK teachers with practical takeaways that they can implement easily in their classrooms.
We can help you with a wide range of issues and topics related to the TOK course, and help you turn your students into authentic critical thinkers who make sense of the world in a nuanced and objective way. Find out more and book a session here.