Our mission is to make TOK a life-changing experience for students and teachers, and we have members in well over 100 different countries who we support to achieve this.
93% our members have told us our resources save them time planning and teaching, 97% said they help to improve students’ understanding of the course, and 86% felt TOK essay performance was improved.
Find out more about theoryofknowledge.net
Find out who the theoryofknowledge.net team is, why we started the site, and what our aims are
Email us with any question about purchasing a membership, our brilliant resources, and the course
Read what nice things people have been saying about our resources and our support for TOK
Find out about some of the great organizations we work with to advance critical thinking
Find out about how our memberships can help you make TOK brilliant for learners and teachers below
Our approach to TOK
Our support for TOK is based on the following premises, which make us, we believe, the most extraordinary resource in the world for the most extraordinary course in the world:
- Ideas and concepts should be explored from the very latest real-life situations
- Students should be aware of the ideas of influential thinkers from them directly, not from a textbook
- Lessons should be beautifully designed, media-rich, and constantly updated
- Students (and educators!) should be invited and supported to confront their own assumptions about the world
- The whole community should be involved in TOK – teachers, students, and parents
To deliver the TOK course in the most thought-provoking and structured way, we offer the Big Question framework of lessons, comprising 72 real-life situation-driven lessons created on Google Slides presentations, and supported by a host of guidance material.
To get other teachers onboard with TOK, we offer the world’s only dedicated DP Integration Tool. This provides non-TOK teachers with practical, convenient resources to draw on TOK in their lessons to any level they want – from short quotes to sophisticated media sources.
Our real world resources invite teachers and learners to apply TOK to the real-world, and use the concepts, ideas, and aspects of the course to make sense of what’s going on around the globe. Find out more here.
Our TOK-world resources focus directly on central aspects of the course, such as the 12 key concepts, the TOK exhibition, TOK integration with the DP, and ways parents can get onboard and support their children’s learning. Find out more here.
Follow us on social media
Depending on your social media poison, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. We post regular updates about what’s going on at theoryofknowledge.net, links to news stories that relate to different aspects of TOK, or just cool things that we’ve spotted going on in the world.
Find out more about who we are, when we set up theoryofknowledge.net, and how the site and its resources work, here. If you want to join us as a member, then follow this link. Check out what people have been saying about us here, and download a selection of free sample resources from this page.
For other enquiries, you can get in touch with us easily by using the contact forms on any page of the site, or via this page. Whatever your question, we’ll get back to you with swift support, and try to help you during your TOK journey as either a learner or educator.
We’ve also put pen to paper on a number of issues related to delivering the TOK course, critical thinking, and education in general. We’ve published these on LinkedIn, and you can read them via the links below.
- Liberating TOK from the tyranny of the textbook READ HERE
- We said that our BQ framework provides the best possible preparation to tackle the essay titles for TOK. Were we right? READ HERE
- The traditional approach to TOK doesn’t support a meaningful exploration of real life situations by students. We have the solution READ HERE
- How do you get non-TOK teachers teaching TOK? Here are some suggestions READ HERE
- You argue that your school is a hub of critical thinking. But is it? Really? READ HERE
- TOK can be a complete education in its own right. Here’s how. COMING SOON